Winter and spring seasons are known for their pleasant weather conditions. But, this is also the season when many people suffer from influenza, popularly known as flu. The ailment is so severe, it makes you feel fully exhausted and puts you out of your routine for a couple of days. There are many medicines that treat flu, but the most effective step is to take the appropriate dose of flu vaccine Brisbane doctors recommend. This is a preventive step which effectively protects you from this ailment.
Interestingly, flu and common cold have symptoms that are similar in nature. But, what matters is the severity of the symptoms. The person suffering from flu will experience severe cold, sore throat and cough, headache, problem in breathing as well as hives, weakness and body ache. Except fever, the person suffering from common cold may show many of the other symptoms of flu. Therefore, if you have any of these symptoms, then you should immediately consult your physician who might administer you with suitable a Brisbane flu shot.
Who can contract Influenza
Any person can contract influenza, including those who are healthy. However, pregnant women, children aged between six months and five years, travelers, and people above 65 years are more prone to this ailment. If proper medication is not taken, then influenza can be fatal as well. Further, antibiotics may not help in fighting influenza. This is because antibiotics are ideal for bacterial ailments. It is for this reason physicians normally suggest that you should take appropriate flu vaccine Brisbane doctors provide so that you can effectively protect yourself from this ailment.
Some of the other interesting features of influenza causing viruses, effective management of the ailment and other relevant issues are explained here:
· Influenza is a respiratory ailment affecting the upper and/or lower respiratory tract. This is a contagious ailment which is caused by A or B category virus. Like flu, even common cold can be contagious. There are more than 100 varieties of viruses that cause cold. Interestingly, new strains of influenza would appear once every few years.
· Keeping in view this unique feature of influenza causing viruses, you can find a flu vaccine Brisbane doctors recommend to that specific virus. Your physician will prescribe the appropriate flu vaccine after carefully analyzing the symptoms and your general health condition.
· These vaccines normally protect you from certain exclusive types of viruses. For example, there are shots that protect you from three exclusive types of viruses (Trivalent) or four exclusive varieties of viruses (quadrivalent) and so on.
· Further, in the normal course, flu shots Brisbane doctors administer are given on the arm. Some of the vaccines are available in the form of spray. The choice of flu vaccinations Brisbane chemists sell include shots and sprays. However, it all depends on various factors like the age, general health of the patient and so on as to which one you should choose.
· Normally, it takes about two weeks for the flu antibodies to develop. Therefore, you can avail the flu vaccination just before the onset of winter season. The effectiveness of vaccination may vary depending on your general health, age and various other factors. Therefore, it is advisable that you may get yourself vaccinated every year. Check at SmartClinics
Availability of vaccination:
Flu vaccinations are available with most of the health centres, physicians, hospitals and even with many of the primary health centers.